Last week I gave my youth group an opportunity to write down any difficult questions they’ve been wrestling with and told them that we would look for answers in God’s Word during our class time in the coming weeks. Our ‘question box’ was anonymous so they didn’t hold back. I’m going to have my work cut out for me as I prepare for these next few classes, but I’m looking forward to seeing the light of understanding in their eyes as we discover the answers together.
As I was studying this weekend, it occurred to me that other people may benefit from this knowledge as well, so I’m going to blog about what we learn over the coming weeks. It is my prayer that God will use this series and His Word to help you gain a better understanding about who He is.
As each of the following questions are answered, I will update this page with a link to the appropriate blog post.
- What are the origins of the different races?
- What does the Bible say about suicide?
- What does the Bible say about tattoos?
- Why did God strike Uzzah dead for touching the Ark of the Covenant? (The story behind this question is found in 1 Chronicles 13:9-12)
- What are the Biblical grounds for divorce? I thought it was only when one spouse cheats, but some people say other reasons are okay besides adultery…
- My best friend was an atheist when he passed away. So if I go to Heaven, knowing that he was being tortured in Hell, wouldn’t that upset me a lot? How can Heaven be happy if we know our loved ones are in Hell? (disclaimer: this last question was from a conversation I had, not written and submitted by one of the youth at church)